Welcome to Genomes Unzipped, a new group blog bringing together experts in the scientific, legal, ethical and commercial aspects of genetics. Our goal is to provide you with independent analysis of advances in the field of genetics, with a particular focus on implications for the budding industry of personal genomics. We’ll also be discussing ways in which you can make the most of your own genetic data using online resources and techniques developed by researchers.
- Background: Posts summarising fundamental concepts in genetics or genomics.
- Journal Club: Analysis of important new studies published in genetics, summarising their implications for personal genomics.
- Opinion: In which we provide our own views on matters ethical or philosophical.
- Technology: Updates on the latest developments in genetic technologies, especially the rapidly advancing field of sequencing.
- Products: Reviews and critiques of personal genomic products.
- DIY: Guides to doing your own analysis on personal genomic data.
- In The News: The good and the bad from mainstream media reports on genetics, with righteous scorn poured on the bad.
- Guest Posts: Guest writing from other experts in the field.
- Interviews: Questions posed to leaders in the field.